Post Reply  Post Thread 

Two and a Half Men fares better with its variation on a theme.
Cartercao
Jessica Capshaw Status

Group: Registered
Two and a Half Men fares better with its variation on a theme.

"Two and a Half Men, after only one episode, already feels like Full House Redux: cool and crazy Uncle Charlie uses his nephew as a ""chick magnet,"" Jake plays cards with Charlie's seedy poker buddies, and -- you guessed it -- the little tyke cleans up. I'd bet money that soon we'll be seeing Uncle Charlie, the bungling bachelor, burn a TV dinner. If you watch it on a black and white TV and squint you might mistake Two and a Half Men for Love That Bob. But at least Bob Cummings' energy kept you engaged. Sadly, the same can't be said for Sheen's somnambulant performance. While I wouldn't expect him to bring anything approximating Andy Dick's manic energy to the role, a little enthusiasm would be nice in Two and a Half Men. If Uncle Charlie is supposed to be a boy in a man's body, how about exhibiting some youthful exuberance? Sadly, as well, Sheen's newly paunchy appearance makes it a little hard to believe him as the ""ladies' man"" he's reputed to be. In the premiere, one woman was all over him in his bedroom, another was stalking him, and a couple more hit on him in the grocery store. Such ostensible popularity with the opposite sex suggests a charisma and physicality that isn't borne out in Sheen's character or performance. "
--------------
Two and a Half Men DVD 1-7
Monk DVD 1-8
Queer As Folk DVD 1-5
Law and Order DVD 1-10

09-30-2010 01:36 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Marsh.Bennett
Jessica Capshaw Status

Group: Registered
RE: Two and a Half Men fares better with its variation on a theme.

nice to see all that DVD section.
very very nice my dear.

koi scrubs
grey's anatomy scrubs
02-15-2011 04:44 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: