Post Reply  Post Thread 

Chinoiserie and Art Deco---Fashion Trend
suewerry
Jessica Capshaw Status

Group: Registered
Chinoiserie and Art Deco---Fashion Trend

Emerald velvet gowns with mandarin collars, smoking jackets embroidered with dragon motifs, and carved jade jewelry were just a few of the decadent details.Jade Jewelry It was the particular mix of the early 20th-century costume references, Art Deco detailing, cloche hats, and chinoiserie embroidery, that evoked lavish images of legendary French fashion designer Paul Poiret, the silk trade routes, and Dietrich. Jade Rings

“I was totally enamored with the Ralph Lauren collection as I had just returned from Shanghai, Beijing, and Hong Kong and was on a total China kick, again,” said Lucia Tait, cofounder and stylist of Coup de Coeur shopping concierge. Jade Bangle “My fascination with chinoiserie started when I spotted a bright red qipao-style dress in my mother’s closet as a child. It seemed so exotic! Ralph Lauren’s shots of brilliant red, the jade accessories, and the black and white palette brought it all back for me. Jade Necklaces I could see both a fashion-forward New Yorker hailing a taxi on Madison and a well-heeled Shanghainese woman strolling the French Concession in any look from this collection.”

11-09-2011 11:25 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: